About My Camp

This year I went to a camp in Wyoming. It was such an amazing experience! I got to camp and my mom and I checked in to the camp and by then I was absolutely terrified. I was the first in my cabin to arrive and my councilors were super excited and super kind. I want to say in advance that Kenzie and Katie were such amazing councilors. 

Every night we have a campfire and throughout the whole camp your cabin does a campfire! My cabin did different small movies for two characters to go on a date (our councilers) The picture down below is my friends doing the Parent Trap handshake. There was one about a baby who got killed . I was the snack person and the detective for the baby murder. It was probably not the best show but it was super fun for our cabin who was looking forward to it the whole summer.

Photo from https://www.tvrcamp.org/

But my favorite thing of all were all the amazing activities from lapidary to horseback riding a watering hole. There was a craft shop, disco(discovery) where you learn about nature, riflery , they were all super fun! The way you choose your activities is by everyone sitting on a big fence and a funny guy chooses the activity that you want.

There are five different age groups, the youngest are yearlings which is what I was then, a rough rider, a tophand wrangler and trail blazer. I got to go on one backpack and one pack trip. A backpack is a trip where you take a big huge backpack and walk and camp. It was a really cool experience but it was super hard and tiring. A pack trip is you take horses on a trail and we set up a campsite and it was also super amazing and fun but we went on horses. The only not so fun thing was that it was really bad weather. 

But the most amazing thing was the Olympics. We had our own Olympics. We split up into four teams themed by Taylor Swift. Reputation, Speak Now, Red, and 1989. There was a greasy watermelon game in the water, there was a relay race with the whole camp, there was a huge soccer game with four goals. My team (reputation) did really bad in the relay race but then we did better in the water sports and the truck pull and we got 2nd place!

Every Sunday we had a rodeo not like ones where there are bulls and sheep and all that but we rode horses. The events were pole bending, barrel racing, slow race and lots more. I did egg and spoon which you basically ride in a circle with an egg balancing on a spoon and once there are about six left you start trotting and last to drop an egg wins. I won first place on my first try against a lot of older people who have done it for a lot longer than me.